Re: In need of help

From: Henrix <henrix_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 04:20:23 +0200

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, JEFFREY KYER wrote:
> Bevara, Stretcher and Sticker. She's a healing goddess but not the
> fanatic about violence that Chalana Arroy is. There's no information
> on her but I am sure that there should be some in Thunder Rebels or
> the like.

Uhm, I'd say fanatic about non-violence, to avoid confusing her with Babesteer Gor ;-)

She and Vanganth are the only really new gods and goddesses for Orlanthi in HW, I think. At least I cannot recall reading anything about them earlier. (Hedkoranth is also quite new, except for an appearance in Tales. Unless of course he is the God Formerly Known as Lightning Boy/Spear.) Therefore the scarcity of information.

Personally I'm not very excited by her appearance, getting a slight feeling that it is a watered down version of Chalana Arroy, in order to make it more alluring for player characters.

But that is probably just 'cause I'm a little tired and that we don't have any exciting myths about her yet.

We do know something though. She was probably a Heroine during the later Darkness, as the one deed mentioned is that she saves (the Hero) Heort, who is the founding father of all Heortlings, and source of all their laws and customs. At first I thought of her as a subcult to Chalana, but her runic associations are, according to her affinities, harmony (for the healing) and what I take to be a modified Earth rune (for Self Defense), a square with a dot in the centre. So perhaps she is associated with Ernalda. A granddaughter perhaps, just as Heort is the son of Vingkot Orlanthsson

Accidentally, her name, Bevara, means to protect, keep (from harm), maintain, in Swedish. Quite appropriate ;-)

I think further posts on this topic should be to the Hero Wars list, as it is not a rules question, but I don't know if you, ah, that is, Bigfoot, is on that one.

--
Henrix