Re: Bevara

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 20:42:16 -0700

Bigfoot asked

> The info i can remember " His god is known as the strecher bearer" . His
> gods name begins with "B"
> i no its not much but i have a poor memory

You actually know just about all there is then. The goddess is Bevara, and I believe she has never appeared outside the half-page in Hero Wars. I believe she's one of several minor healing deities, none of which are as powerful as Chalana Arroy. However, Bevara is a lot easier to be an initiate of, and my guess is that a Bevara initiate can take the role of Chalana Arroy in a Lightbringer's Quest if need be.

So, the player and narrator are free to make up whatever they want about Bevara. The only things that would strain my credibility would be if she were very common in Sartar (or else we would have heard about her before), or if she had better healing magic than Chalana Arroy.

(A very old draft of Thunder Rebels had a *different* minor healing goddess named Dovilda. It's quite possible that there are many such deities, each worshipped in a couple of clans.)

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein