Wounds

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:59:48 +0100

David Dunham writes
> I don't *think* of an AP-forfeiter
>as a winner, even if relatively speaking he did better than his
>opponent (since after all he could "win" the exchange but lose the
>contest by this "victory").
>
>I guess you could read the rules to say the less inept "winner" could
>give his opponent a penalty, but I wouldn't do this in my game.

Maybe this is where the taking Wounds when you loose AP's that everyone seems to think exists could fit in - Just strike out the words "For his opponent" from the rule on p138 "The Winner of an exchange may convert 7AP worth of a Transfer or forfeit into a penalty". This would be a way of allowing you to avoid loosing the contest with your victory, without giving the looser of an exchange a way to drag the contest out indefinitely

On which point, is there a limit to the number of wounds someone can receive? I don't recall seeing anything, other than the fact that on the ordinary consequences chart a combat result of "hurt" is a -1, while injured is -50%, does that really mean a character with 5w in close combat can take 12-13 wounds before becoming "Injured" and a similar number before he switches to "dying" ? It seems rather high to me (although if he has any sense he will have got out of the fight long before it gets to this level - fighting at -24 isn't going to be fun in anyone's book!)

--
Tim Ellis