Re: Feat descriptions...

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:35:12 +0800

At 9:57 PM +0100 25/6/00, Tim Ellis wrote:
>That said, maybe the Ars Magica/Mage route does offer some compromise.
>In those games magic can be "improvised", yet some "set spells" are also
>known and learned.

        We already have that in HW - affinities let you improvise, the feats are the set spells.

        Thus, my lack of sympathy with the viewpoint that Feats must also let you improvise furiously. (I agree that you must be able to improvise interesting new uses for a feat effect, but I have no sympathy for the idea that you must also be able to improvise what the feat does in the first place).

	Cheers
		David