Subject: RE: Feat descriptions and Enhancements

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:50:28 +0100

> From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
>Drifting away from the topic, does it seem wrong to anyone else that you
>enhance using Feats, not Affinities? Because, after all, if I have one mondo
>Affinity, I can improvise any number of Feats and use each of these in a
>separate Enhancement attempt (augmentation/edge).
>
>Now, if the rule was "once per affinity", there'd be a natural ceiling on
>the number of rolls made. I am aware that Greg and Roderick think it's a
>feature that players can spend forever talking through exciting arming
>rituals (etc.), usually while imagining Arnie getting tooled up. But were
>they remembering improvised feats when they wrote these rules?

You could reasonably interpret the rule as being that only one improvised feat could be used at a time (i.e., you can't use the affinity more than once unless you have learned specific feats that get round this limitation). This makes initiates weaker and learning new feats more useful for devotees.

Thom