Re: house rule question of augmentation

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:37:51 +0100

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:53:49 +0100, "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

>Andrew wrote:
>
>> We just use a simple roll of ability minus the resistance of the
>> bonus with a penalty only on fumbles.
>> i.e. skill 17 looking for a plus 2 edge would have to roll 12 or less
>
>That's elegant. I like it.

I'm in the same gaming game group, this was Andy's idea (neater than mine). It's much quicker than having everyone worrying about what level of resistance to risk, and taking too long for anyone else to care...

>How well does it work with Masteries?

Not sure how you mean. If you have 1W Ability, and try for 2 levels of Augment (+4 Edge or +2 Bonus), you subtract 10, down to an Ability of 11. It has one obvious flaw, you can't go for broke and attempt a super-augment relying on a HP-bump. For instance, with an Ability of 17, you COULD try for a +6 bonus. That's 17 vs 10W resist... Chances are, you'll succeed, resistance will crit or succeed. A bump will probably still get the bonus. But with our rule, you can't roll 17-30!

>And do you double the bonus for
>Criticals?

We will, no-one has done it yet... And a penalty on Fumbles only.

Wulf