RE: house rule question of augmentation

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:51:23 +0100

> What I was worrying about was (say) a 17W2 character rolling
> at -35 vs. 2W1
> to get a +7 augmentation, critical ling with that residual
> bump on a roll of
> 1-19, and thus doubling that to a practically automatic +14
> augmentation (or
> +28 edge)...

Sorry but you are a mastery level out she would only have a 10% chance of a crit. I guess we are not used to working in base 20 yet. So if she had a skill of 17W3 then your maths works and yes she is guilty of being that scary.

> Another worry: enhancements are all + to hit (augmentation)
> or + to damage
> (edge); the other part of the trinity in RQ was + to armour
> points, but
> that's gone. Imagine duelling Rune Lords with Truesword, Bladesharp 6,
> Strength, Coordination... but no Shield or Protection spells!
> Big edges are
> going to get scary.

If you don't take defensive magic if gets scary in either system. Try taking Agility or leaping shield or tough to help balance out. And putting a plus on your close combat skill can help your defence to.