Re: More enhancement

From: Henrix <henrix_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:54:12 +0200

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Jonas Schiött wrote:
> Judging from the responses on this list, a lot of people are dissatisfied
> and have come up with _some_ sort of house rule.

That seems to be the case. Is there actually someone out there who uses the enhancement rules as written in the book, and is happy with it? It is easy to get the impression that that is not the case.

> Thanx. I guess my point boils down to this: if the Ordinary Consequence
> Chart is good enough for every other type of contest, what's so damn
> special about enhancement?

True, true, your way is simpler, and there is already a penalty for trying to get high enhancements, i.e. higher resistance. I think yours is better, having slept on it.

Tim Ellis says that the playtest rules were like this at some point, but were dropped. I would think that it perhaps was to have consistant rules for enhancements and Lending APs. In the latter case the rule seems fine.

--
Henrix