Re: Leaping over trees

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:21:52 -0000

I completely agree with the effects of what Mikael wrote but disagree on the philosophy.

My view of Glorantha is that _everything_ has a mythical/magical explanation, including all of those things that we in the RW see as "mundane" or "normal". A Gloranthan that obtains 3 plus masteries in a mundane ability (say Close Combat) can, in effect, do magical things with that ability and with 4 plus masteries _may_ be worshipped by others so they may partake in this magic.

It is IMHO a mistake to view anything in Glorantha as being normal or mundane. Though many Westerners, in particular Sorcerers might disagree...

regards,
Charles