Re: Digest Number 152

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:22:40 -0400

Jonas Schi�
> Umm, the Mythology skill is a duplication, but the other is actually
> Initate _to_ for godtalkers (not Initiate _of_) - which sounds like it's
> used for initiating people into the cult, perhaps?

> Jonas Schi�tt
> G�teborg

That's what I thought it was.

"Initiate Into The Mysteries of the God" Hey, you've got to learn your catechism sometime, right?

And using the skill can figure prominently if you are in charge of the young aspirants at the Sacred Time ceremonies. Its a responsible position. But Initiation should not be too hard, otherwise the young kids who do it every year would find it more of a challenge -- people seem to initiate without *too* much trouble. Of course, if the Lunars ambush your ceremony or Delecti sends something ugly to the ceremony, you might end up with fewer initates that you expected....

I seem to recall that this sort of thing happened during the time of Lokymandon (SP!) and would probably be an 'intelligent thing to do' for Lunars, falling under the Nits Make Lice category. Lunars are apparently a terribly pragmatic lot.

That being said, its very much a requisite skill for a god-talker.

Jeff