Re: Re: Edges and Handicaps.

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:35:27 +0100

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:24:34 -0400, "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>But the game is not doggly simulationist the way RQ was and is much more
>cinematic.

People keep saying 'cinematic'... when I go to a cinema, I expect to see every detail, hear every word, clear and bright in 20-foot tall technicolour, with slow motion closeup replays of the gory bits. This is more like a pre-production roughly sketched storyboard.

That's not, in itself, a criticism of the system, just of the use of 'cinematic' when what's really meant is 'abstract' (or 'vague'...).

Wulf