Elmal feats

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:33:51 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:

> > Those sound dull. Besides, I don't see what's wrong with ambiguity. It
> > happens, I say embrace it. There are at least two very different meanings
> > for "Salmon Leap" in RW history, one was just jumping high in the air from
> > a standing start, the other was the (possibly more mythical) ability to
> > swim up a waterfall. I can well imagine that different Orlanthi tribes or
> > clans might have totally different definitions of what a Sunset Leap is,
> > all of which are based on the same or similar myths. This should, however,
> > be made clear in the rules, that the referee and players are expected to
> > discuss a meaning that their characters and cultures attach to these
> > phrases.
> >
> > Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
> > Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let
> > alone those of any organisations, nations, species,
> > or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.
> >

> Yes. At lest that's what we have been doing in our games.
>
> I admit I found the Elmal feats in the new writeup on the Issaries site
> a wee bit bland. I think the Affinities are spot on but the names are
> very, very dry. Pity really. But I suppose that's what happens when a
> lot of folks demand rigid and easily understood feats.
>
> Its a shame really. I'd hate to go back the boring days of Shield,
> Protection, Countermagic, Healing, Yawn.
>
> Jeff

To each his/her own. I found the Elmal writeup really refreshing. It offered much more to work with, and the feats gave a _clear_ picture of what they meant, and didn't leave one scraching ones head in puzzlement.

Only thing I missed was firemagic. Elmal is the orlanthi Sun afterall, and a strong warrior of the Solar tribe to begin with.

        -Adept