Re: cinematic; fetishes

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:49:45 -0700

Wulf:

> People keep saying 'cinematic'... when I go to a cinema, I expect to
> see every detail, hear every word, clear and bright in 20-foot tall
> technicolour, with slow motion closeup replays of the gory bits. This
> is more like a pre-production roughly sketched storyboard.

Depends on the film. Firstly, most films are larger than life, exaggerated realism. Secondly, films have cuts -- depending on the movie, a battle scene might be a bunch of melee, followed by a slow shot over a field littered with corpses -- no details of how it happened.

Timothy:

> Why not just improvise a feat that allows you to use multiple facets
> of a spirit in a fetish? Succeed in the feat and you can use your
> Yinkin fetish both to see in the dark *and* to give yourself a tongue
> bath...

Well, fetishes are used by animists, who don't have feats and don't improvise as such. (This doesn't prevent you from being creative in ways to use your feat-like spirit.)

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein