Re: Re: Edges and Handicaps.

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:18:50 +0200

Henrix:

>> I can't see any basis in the rules for using weapon ranks defensively, as
>> some have suggested.
>
>Not in the equipment rules, no. But, p.136;
[...]

Using the more general rule to cancel the exception, eh? A dubious way of arguing, IMHO. :-)

>Within limits I think it is all right to reduce weapons with weapons.

Well, OK, since so many people seem to want to do it this way, I'm going to stop nagging about it. But for the record, I don't believe this is the intention of the rules and I certainly can't see any situation where I would find it a useful way to run combat.

In fact, the only possible problem with the rules as I interpret them is that they might encourage 'turtling' - heroes with high edges could choose to play it safe with the AP bids and let their edges do the work for them. But this only occurs if there is no urgency to get the combat over with, I can think of many incentives for players to bid higher.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg