Re: Leaping over trees

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:04:58 -0000

As I mentioned previously, my view is that nothing in Glorantha is mundane, _everything_ has a magical and/or mythical source.

I spoke with Nick Brooke last night (those burgers were vile but necessary..) about this. What we came up with is, that if a Hero is using a Sunset Leap feat to jump over a stone wall, then they would get a (usually small) improv negative on their skill that they would not get if they were using a "mere" jumping skill.

If, however, they were using Sunset Leap to jump at sunset, to jump towards the sunset, to jump away from the sunset or (our favourite) to jump into a Dara Happan army square to wreak havoc during a battle then the Hero would get a bonus (and if very amusing or creative, a large bonus) on the skill.

Of course the Dara Happan units may well have a "Set Spears to receive Leaping Barbarian" feat...

regards,
Charles