Subject: Re: Re: Edges and Handicaps.

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:57:13 +0100

> From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
>On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:12:44 -0500, "guy hoyle" <ghoyle1_at_...>
>>Hmm. How would parrying be handled, then? That was a crucial part of RQ
>>combat.
>
>As one of the 'some' referred to, I can't see it either. Looks like
>you're stuffed if you use a parrying weapon (axes were quite popular).
>
>Wulf

Am I missing something? Why? e.g., If you want parry weapon magic could be used to improve armour rank. Using a 2-handed weapon (as in most games) increases attacking potential, but decreases defense.

Do you mean a parrying weapon in the off-hand (sword and dagger etc.). If so I'd like to know how other people handle it, but some solutions spring to mind.

e.g., increase armour or weapon rank by one (but not both in any single exchange)

Thom