Re: Leaping over trees

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:09:44 +0100

Mikko:
> So the so called "feats" are infact quite mundane instanses of
> jumping and running, and regular non-magical abilities also
> routinely let people jump over trees and run faster than horses?
>
> This is a vision of Glorantha I don't much care for.

Nor I, picture this:-

An Orlanthi and a Vingan are boasting about who can leap the furthest. Some bystander challenges them to try and leap over a wide river. Say the Orlanthi has leaping 5W the Vingan leaping 17. Even if the Vingan makes a big song and dance about how Vinga's movement magic will let her jump the river like in the Vinga jumps the river myth and calls upon her Leap Over Water feat she will only boost her ability by a few points.
So after all her song and dance the clan see her jump a bit further than normal but that's all.
Big deal.

James Turner
j.a.turner_at_...