Re: Boring Combat

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 02:13:12 +0800

At 7:50 PM +0200 29/6/00, Jonas Schiött wrote:
>So the way I run things, the first two situations are pretty different
>and will probably lead to different tactics on the parts of the
>combatants.

        Generally, its the way I run things too, but there is not much point in telling people that its an optional rule and then telling people that using it is Wrong.

        Fundamentally, its a degree of detail issue that should be left to each GM. I like the weapons and armour to make a difference, and particularly in Group contests. If Hendrix wants to run it the other way, then good for him - it does make it a bit simpler for everybody in certain situations (hey, arms and armour are identical for the two combatants - why worry about it), and can make the narrative feel a bit better.

	Option is good.
	Cheers
		David