Heroic Feat Names

From: Brian Laxson <b1laxson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:13:19 -0400

> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:32:38 -0400
> From: "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...>
>
> Its a shame really. I'd hate to go back the boring days of Shield,
> Protection, Countermagic, Healing, Yawn.
>
> Jeff

I agree. Heroic people don't use dull terms. They are exciting folks with strange and powerful abilities. Take for instance Odayla who wrested power from the Sky Bear. With heroic names you really get a feeling for the legend... the heroism of the tale... and not just a game mechanic description made by the Mostali. It also challenges the players to figure out the power... it's more like an Ars Magica magic system where you can spontaneously create magical powers versus D&D (Dead and Done) where each spell has an exact description... some to the point that players travel with calculators to determine the venting effects of fireball spells in narrow passageways.

Brian Laxson