Re: Weapon/Shield destroying feat

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:08:54 +0100

Well this all ties up with the magic/superman/augmentation debate.

You could use it as yet another feat to augment combat. You could use it as an augmentation to combat but only in extended contests where the goal is to smash a weapon shield. Only see this being used if the opponent has a really special sheild/weapon. Humakti: I use my magic to destroy the Orlanthi's sword (augments his close combat and starts an extended contest).
Orlanthi: I intend to kill him, I'll take his head off. If the Humakti is lucky after a few rounds the Orlanthi may be weaponless, if he is unlucky he is dead.

How about....
You invoke the feat (an unrelated action during combat) and make a simple contest role versus the weapon/shield.
You then use the ordinary consequences chart. Minor victory -1 to attacking/defending until equipment repaired. Major victory -50% attacker has a broken weapon, shield is half-missing etc. Complete victory - shield or weapon completely destroyed.

If you want a bit more dice rolling you can have the attacker make a combat roll first to see if he actually hits the weapon/shield.

James Turner
j.a.turner_at_...