Re: Attack and Defense

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:00:59 -0000

Re: Edges and Handicaps

While I was favouring the definition: attacker = winner of the exchange and is seperate from

the actor in an exchange I pulled the following definition of the glossary on the web site:

"Rank: Comparative rating assigned to a piece of equipment, usually a weapon or armor. During combat, the difference between the attacker's weapon rank and the defender's armor rank is applied as an edge or handicap to the attacker's AP bid."

Note how it says "attacker's AP bid". Thue use of the word bid would seem to support Jonas's opinion that attacker = actor and defender = opponent and that the two are synonms.

IMHO the use of attacker and defender and their meaning seems to lie at the crux of this argument. Perhaps Roderick or Robin would like to clarify this so we can move on.