Re: Setting Spears

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:02:24 +0200

Mikael Raaterova:

>>I would say that it's two exchanges. What you call the spearman's defense
>>is in HW terms simply his turn at attacking.
>
>Why isn't it just one exchange? It seems obvious to me that the
>spearman's attempt to thwart the cavalry charge is a single exchange.

Never said it wasn't. Assuming the spearman has the initiative, his attack against the cavalryman is a single exchange.

Of course, if the cavalryman survives he gets his turn as actor and that's another exchange.

But hey, if you don't want to do it this way I'm not forcing you. I'm just trying to explain my interpretation as consistently as possible.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg