Re: Magical and Mundane

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:19:31 +0200

Mikko:
>I'd rather see the feats and the mundane abilities be significantly
>different from each other. Running 10W3 should be somebody that runs the
>100m in 9+ seconds, not somebody who outruns a horse.

By the same logic you'd need "Fly" at 10www to get a distance of, say, 100 metres or reach a speed of 10 mph. You'd need "Ignite fires" at 10www to singe a damp tree. You'd need "Terrifying howl" at 10www to scare a troll. Rather un-epic, i'd say.

>Othervice
>Glorantha has seriously changed, and no longer resembles our earth at
>all, even in the mundane world.

If you need to be near-divine to do even slightly difficult stuff then Glorantha has indeed seriously changed.

If you heroquest enough to get your "Running" ability up to 10www (almost divine levels) you damn well should be able to outrun a speeding arrow.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]