Re: Mastery Inflation

From: Steven White <fringe_worthy_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 18:59:40 -0000

Masteries aren't that impressive.

I'm sorry but my hunter while a freak, isn't that much of freak with his multiple single masteries. (And I will eventually get a double mastery or 3. I know our Humakti is definitely at double master for one skill hen his augments are up. And may even be starting double mastery base.

There are a lot of people with one or two low masteries. Mostly related to their occupation of staying alive. Elders, rulers, and heroes have a number of double masteries. Big Heroes have triple, and likely multiple triple masteries.

Of course, if your Gloratha differs... (I had a heropoint to spend, but I had to use it to bump in order to stay alive... And that was 6 sessions ago! Sob) Then maybe a single mastery is great.

Anyways, most starting characters start with 3 single masteries. So me and my 5 friends are the only masteries in our tribe of 5000? I wonder how the chief manages to use his great secret....

1 mastery, you know that skill. 2 masteries you're good, with either massive usage, trainage, or years of experience. 3 Masteries.. you've gotten help, or naturally very good. But single masteries are common. Going past 10w is less common, but a number of people do.

Steven White