Re: Setting Spears

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 21:03:24 +0200

Tim Ellis:
> >Why isn't it just one exchange? It seems obvious to me that the
> >spearman's attempt to thwart the cavalry charge is a single exchange.
>>
>It is, Under the HW rules, though, it is a separate exchange from the
>Cavalry charge striking the spear wielder.

Under the HW rules it is definitely _not_ necessary for it to be two exchanges. The cavalry wants to cut through the spearman; the spearman's defensive action is to set his spear to receive the charge. Should the spearman have any applicable edges he gets the benefit of those if he wins the exchange.

No need to take two exchanges.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]