Re: Re: Two newbie questions

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 14:46:48 +0100

On Sun, 02 Jul 2000 01:44:37 -0000, "Douglas Bailey" <trystero_at_....net> wrote:

>> Any physical impact should be affected by armour...I would
>> definitely have allowed it against hail.
>
>If this is the case, should hail have an implicit weapon rank? The
>player was a little miffed, I think, at the idea that an ordinary
>sword (^3) would cause more damage than the hail he was unleashing in
>the name or Orlanth (^0).

All Hail Orlanth... Yes, you have a point, but no, there is no game rule to cover it (a familiar story), so you'll have to decide yourself if
a) Armour counts
b) hail has a weapon rank

Maybe something could be used as an augment to the hail, and give it an Edge (which acts just the same as Rank)? It would take two actions to set up, but would be more effective.

Wulf