Re: New players

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 13:53:25 -0000

We have 4-8 (I prefer 4, but it's hardly polite to tell the others to go away...), with varying knowledge of RuneQuest, but only 1 with real knowledge of Glorantha.

> I originally tried to use the narrative method of character

Me too...

> generation. After some fumbling around, we decided to switch to the
> list method. Does anyone else have experience of which is best to
> begin with? I tried to give some of the Glorantha background, but I
> think I overloaded them.

I decided to allow a list for a few weeks (one session a week), with the understanding that I expected a 100 word writeup including that list. I gave them 2 or 3 sessions before completing the list. A few have already made up a first narrative draft, and I expect them to get it all together in another session or two. The list is far easier to talk them through, given that they have to learn all about the cultures, occupations and, most confusing of all, Deities! And they are pretty pleased by how many extra abilities I have spotted in their narratives!

Wulf