Re: How would you handle this misapplied worship?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 16:25:50 -0000

Richard Sands asked:

> Now, my problem is: the Humakti followers of Saint Anthony receive
> his grimoire as an affinity, but is it misapplied worship (because
> Saint Anthony was Malkioni, and it is a grimoire) or not (because
> the power comes originally from Humakt)?

IMO, a theist Humakti would have to pay double to use this sorcerous grimoire (as it's the wrong magic system - he's a theist), while sorcerous followers of St Anthony will also have to pay double for his sorcerous grimoire (as it's misapplied worship - Humakt "should be" worshipped theistically).

This is consistent with the way I'd treat e.g. the cult of Dormal. (Theists get his Open Seas sorcery spell at x2 cost because it's sorcery; Sorcerers get it at x2 cost because Dormal is a theistic entity).

I don't necessarily *like* this, but it has the not inconsiderable virtue of being comprehensible and easy to remember. Unlike much of the Misapplied Worship section.

Cheers, Nick