Re: Aum, Aum Augment

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 13:49:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/00 12:15:17PM, you write:

<<

 Therefor I'm going to let manifest mystics ignore the rule that an ability  only can be augmented by only one mundane ability. The martial artists are  supposed to be striving towards physical, mental and spiritual perfection  and should be able to compete with magic-using people on that basis.>>

Perhaps only the three abilities in their school, or until they get a negative score? They'd spend half an hour augmenting otherwise.

<< This could be a way to make mystics more playable without having to change
 too many rules or give them additional powers.>>

I do like the idea. Plenty of manifest mystics eyeing each other up as they augment themselves to inner perfection.

<< Anyone see any obvious pitfalls with this?>>

People have been complaining that augments are pretty lousy, because you get negative results so often. So that could be a pitfall. My solution, which I have been mulling over was similar to your fix of the mystic rules. I was going to let people augment with more than one mundane ability, but only keep the best result. This makes it pretty easy to risk a high augment and fail, then go for a safer augment and succeed, although it does take actions. Your suggestion would need to be modified to augments being added together, rather than simply the best one chosen. >>

 <<Ha en god dag!>>
Does this translate as "have a good day"?

Keith N