Re: more scrabble

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 09:28:05 -0400

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> > > Or Storm Bull's "Bull's Hide" spirit? :)
> > >
> > > -Adept
> > >

> > I fear that one might have to look up what Woad was supposed to do....
> > Its an armoring feat.
> >
> > Bull's Hide seems pretty obvious too, as I suspect the VERB form of the
> > word would not be used by any Uroxi who wanted to *stay* an Uroxi.
> >
> > Jeff
>
> Noooooooooo! If somebody actually tried to interpret this as "spririt
> that let's bull's hide from danger" I'd do my best to kill them on the
> spot.
>
> No goddamn* wordgames with feats in my Glorantha.
>
> -Adept
>
> * My apologies, but expletive required

Odd. There have been a lot of folks playing stupid word games with the feats. It certainly looked like your post was being similarly, um, clever...

But Woad is a good old fashioned word (very old fashioned, I'd admit)

But as an armor enhancment it seemed pretty obvious. But what seems obvious and clearcut to some seems to be incredibly obscure to others. =(

Jeff