change of system question

From: Steve Lieb <steve_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:23:44 -0500

I've heard a lot about people not being happy with the AP extended contest system because it can take so long.

Has anyone considered/tried simply stating that whoever bids higher (after edges, handicaps, etc) is the attacker and the other is the defender? And then each round would be only a single exchange, rather than each actor getting a chance to attack in turn? Aside from essentially shortening the process, it would give a big incentive to bid high, since then YOU would be choosing the contest, in effect.

Also, one rules clarification - I don't have them with me so sorry if this is already explicitly stated, but I'm having a disagreement with someone off-list: if you have 10x14-skill creatures, treating them as a mob would give them 140 ap correct? Despite having this wellspring of ap, they could never bid more than 14 AP for a single contest, could they?

Thankyou!

-Steve