Re: change of system question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 18:50:51 +0100

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:23:44 -0500 , Steve Lieb <steve_at_...> wrote:

>Has anyone considered/tried simply stating that whoever bids higher (after
>edges, handicaps, etc) is the attacker and the other is the defender?

Actually, in Group Extended Contests, that rule is already there... p.133, Going Before Your Turn.
Basically, spend 5AP or more and you get to be the next Actor. If anyone else wants to go before you, they must bid at least 3AP more than you. Doesn't help 1-on-1 Extended Contests, unless you care to make it do so...

>Also, one rules clarification - I don't have them with me so sorry if this
>is already explicitly stated, but I'm having a disagreement with someone
>off-list: if you have 10x14-skill creatures, treating them as a mob would
>give them 140 ap correct? Despite having this wellspring of ap, they could
>never bid more than 14 AP for a single contest, could they?

140AP, yes, but I don't know of any maximum bid, no. Each could bid 3AP, and total 30AP... in fact, I'd say that was more realistic! Ability remains at 14 though.

Wulf