Re: change of system question

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:35:05 -0700

Steve wrote

>Has anyone considered/tried simply stating that whoever bids higher (after
>edges, handicaps, etc) is the attacker and the other is the defender? And
>then each round would be only a single exchange, rather than each actor
>getting a chance to attack in turn? Aside from essentially shortening the
>process, it would give a big incentive to bid high, since then YOU would be
>choosing the contest, in effect.

This is certainly a system change, since players take turns making bids. One makes a bid, both roll dice. The other makes a bid, both roll dice. (I belabor the point since people have mistakenly thought the game involves mutual bids.)

This would really skew the game -- anyone with more AP could always control the outcome, I think. Far more than the high AP person currently defining the contest by making the first choice of abilities.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein