Re: Non-combat coup de grace

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 12:41:18 -0000

Uh, maybe I am confused. I thought that the coup de grace was treated as a combat term for a parting shot.

"Coup de Grace: A parting shot to kill a defeated opponent."

and

"Parting Shot: An action taken by the actor after his opponent has been defeated, with the intent of increasing the victory level. See also coup de grace."

from the glossary. Parting shots require an ability role or contest so you risk by carrying them out. Although in the case of a helpless opponent you might wish to allow an automatic sucess (in combat I would only count dying as falling into this category).

Seem to me the rules pretty much cover it.