Re: Re: Non-combat coup de grace

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:24:28 -0400

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> Yes, but a Marginal Success is a 1-use fetish, while a coup de grace
> would turn that into an Integration. I'm not sure I'd even allow a
> parting shot/final action on Spirit Combat (although at least there,
> a success does not guarantee a 'kill').
>
> Wulf

Remember, combat ends when you get a defeated result. The whole POINT of parting shots is to make the degree of success more difficult.

I suggest you go and playtest out how the system works without parting shots first -- you might be surprised at what happens and its not pretty. My experience was that it was incredibly difficult to get anyhing better than Minor Defeat. The rule is there for a pretty decent reason, IMO.

Jeff