Re: Mundane Superman versus Magical Superman

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 17:19:58 +0200

Philippe:
>But to me, living in a very magical world does not mean that, by
>training only, you
>acquire "magical-like capabilities". You have to think in terms of the world.

Exactly. I do think in terms of the world. Who on Glorantha actually _trains_ his mundane 'run' ability up to 10www? If you are ambitious and motivated enough to get it up there, then surely you have been blessed by, say, Mastakos or Father Deer, or you have heroquested mightily.

Regardless of whether the 10www ability is magical or mundane, i doubt anyone in Glorantha would raise it to that level without supernatural aid.

The only ones that come close to 'training' abilities like that are mystics, but for them it's a spiritual practice, so you can still justify that they can achieve superhuman results with a perfectly mundane ability, since that ability is an expression of their mystic perfection.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]