Re: Re: Mundane Superman versus Magical Superman

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:16:50 +0100

>Thus, even though you train everyday and raise only
>your "run" skill (which would be stupid), you will
>never be able to outrun the horse as you are only human.

I strongly disagree. Horses have a higher "run" ability, because they are faster. They are faster, because they have a higher "run" ability. Abilities are not "relative to the species norm", with an inexperienced horse having a base ability of 6 in "run", and a basic funnel web spider having an ability of 6 in "kill with poison". If I have a "run" ability better than a horse, I can outrun it.

What does Anaxial's Rooster say a horse's "run" ability is? I'd expect it to be about 5W2.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.