Re: combat question

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:09:15 +0100

Wulf:
>Personally, when there's no way for the targets to shoot back, I will
>run missile combat as simple contests, then switch to close combat as
>an extended (group) contest on contact.

Yes, I was thinking along those lines. Trouble is it is a rather easy way to land a few 'wounds' on the enemy. Then again having missile weapons is an advantage.

> If they get low AP because their ranged combat skill was
>lower than their close combat, they shouldn't have started with
>javelins, making it harder to prepare for melee...

Yes but my players would (rightly) string me up if I tried that. Player with 5w close combat and 15 javelin. GM: By throwing your javelin at the approaching broo you are now easier to defeat in close combat.
Player: <screaming>I've lost 10AP's for throwing a javelin!!!! GM: Yes, I'm afraid you should have just stood there with your sword in hand waiting.

James Turner
Systems Support Officer
University of Aberdeen
j.a.turner_at_...