Re: Re: Digest Number 162

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:41:45 +0300 (EET DST)

> >but as any individual will have the same skill in both (Close
> >Combat), he should have more effect when hitting with a sword.

This is strange. I think the orlanthi are like the celts, in that they are good at jumping and kicking (warrior sports), and usually quite fair at brawling, I still don't think they are barehanded combat masters, able to take on a sword wielding opponent with just their lightning fast hands and feet.

This seems wrong. I hope the close combat has a really serious penalty, and parhaps a maximum skill, unless spesifically studied. (something like -10 penalty and 15 maximum for the orlanthi, propably much more for, say, the Dara Happans... I just don't see them brawling all that much)

        -Adept

PS. Though I still liked it when in my KoDP game our queen Kallyr tackled an enemy from her horse and bashed her head open against a rock. Then again, she was Heroic at combat, and really pissed off. (The bitch and her minions attacked us during a tribal moot)