Re: Mundane Superman versus Magical Superman

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 13:20:42 +0200

> > From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
>>
>> >I am personnaly not too sure about that. If you heroquest, I don't
>> >think that you would get
>> >better in your mundane ability. Heroquesting is interacting with the
>> >myth, and thus gaining
>> >mythical abilities, not improving your mundane ones.
>>
>> 'Running fast' isn't mythical? Mastakos would be surprised.
>
>No, "simply "runnning fast" is not mythical to me. It does not ring
>mythical. "Run like
>Mastakos" that you would gain by doing a Mastakos heroquest is
>mythical, on the other hand...

I'd say Mastakos can grant those abilities he himself uses. What ability does Mastakos use to outrun everyone else? Saying that he uses "Run like Mastakos" is a bit of a no-brainer: Mastakos is famed for being _fast_, not for being Mastakos.

But YGMV, and indeed your interpretation of "mythical" too.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]