Re: Scorpion Hall

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:08:13 -0700

> Just tried the old RQ2 soloquest 'Scorpion Hall' using HW rules. I was
doing
> it to try out a few of the rules, and to see how I would GM certain
> situations that I hadn't thought of.
>
> I did rather badly, mostly the result of poor tactical choices, but was a
bit
> stuck when I ended a contest with some skeletons at -7AP. I was hurt, I
had
> lost the contest; what shoul happen next? Could I retreat still alive?

No.

 Should
> the skeletons finish me off with a coup de gr,ce?

Certainly

Could I initiate a new
> contest 'escape from the skeletons'?

No.

Just like taking double HP in damage to the head/chest/Abdomen in RQ, you're stuck with no-one to Heal you or bail you out. Time to write up a new character (or start the fight over :-) ).

You could try a Final Action, but Skeletons aren't likely to give you the chance (unless you play them as automatons that don't attack dead heroes)..

Roderick