Re: style

From: Thomas Bagwell <tnbagwell_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:18:09 -0000

Well...they model 'dramatic reality' fairly well, if you don't mind the phrase.

The primary consideration for me as a GM when it comes to any set of rules is consistency. I want the outcome to be in line with the outcome that occurred in other similar situations. In a more specific sense, I want them to be able to produce results that fit in with my expectation of the world and setting, and to do so consistently.

"Good" runners (as opposed to truly exceptional runners) being able to outrun a horse bugs me. I'm now no longer certain of the intent behind the world and setting, and now I don't know what to expect. Thus, I don't know if there is consistency or not. Heroic characters might be able to outrun a horse with great effort...or defeat a bear without weapons...etc. But I didn't expect those levels of ability to fall within the 1w to 10w range. Maybe above 1w2. Horses that only run at 2w weren't what I was expecting...

Sorry to ramble. I've been reading the posts for some time now, but haven't posted often. I'm combining a couple of threads here, I think...

Tom Bagwell