City Cult 'Pantheons' NB: Pavis

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:01:35 -0000

Hello

I'm hoping for some bright ideas here

I'm going to be trying over the next few days to finish the keywords for Pavis (to be printed in the 'Pavis Special' by tentacles press in a few weeks (fingers crossed).

I am setting up Pavis as a mini-pantheon, so far with Pavis, Zola Fel, Flintnail and Opili (new Pavic warrior hero cult ratified by
Greg) as the main deities

However, we have Issaries, Chalana Arroy, possibly Bevara, possibly Aldrya, possibly Orlanth, possibly Yelorna (and maybe even a couple of
others that escape my attention this second - I'm at work) who have all accepted the rule of Pavis over the city and Pavis County (?)

I know that this is not a 'normal' pantheon, but believe that in the Pavis region it works closely enough to be described as one certainly within the local keywords, which is what I am working on.

So, my Qs are around these issues:
(and please CC all direct responses to my home E-mail as well as back here: arkat_at_...)

I can't even think of specific Qs

Obviously I want to know what people think of the City Pantheon idea, how they think it works, and who they think should be included in the Pavis Pantheon (and why or why not)

As I said, I realise it is not a true pantheon, but for the traditional citizens/residents it IS

and for the newer residents, even the Sartarites, who have accepted Pavis (through the alliance with Orlanth) they are tacitly agreeing to
revere Pavis as the ruling spirit of the region (albeit not in the wider realm). Therefore the newcomers will be enough of a part of the pantheon idea not to be worthwhile inventing two different rules mechanics for old and new citizens

hope you guys can help

cheers

Ian