Re: City Cult 'Pantheons' NB: Pavis

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:51:17 -0000

Got to agree with this. I would have thought a Pantheon was a group of related deities (or whatever) sharing some degree of knowledge with their worshippers (Worship xxx Pantheon), whereas the Pavis deities (etc) are related solely by the geographical proximity of their local worshippers. I would certainly not include Aldryami or Uz in there, the Prax tribes don't allow outsiders to join their ceremonies, so I can't see them being in there. Maybe just the Theistic, settled, friendly cults could be in one Pantheon, but it looks more to me like a rabble in the Rubble... A load of diverse worshippers all vying for space and attention. The gods (etc) don't look at all related.

Wulf