Re: Scorpion Hall

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:29:26 -0700

> It seems that someone has twisted the rules for Final Action since i
> last read it. OK, i give. You can't use a Final Action to escape the
> skeletons. I won't bother to convince you that the rule was good as
> it was.

You really should argue from the most recent set :-)

> > > And the defeated guy can resist that parting shot by attempting to
> >> escape, no? C'mon, he isn't even Hurting.
> >
> >He can use "Run Away" as his "defensive" move, certainly. He cannot
> >*initiate* such a move, however.
>
> Do you by this mean that the defeated guy can't initiate a new/other
contest?

What it means is *in this situation* the guy does not get a chance to declare an action in the context of the contest (be it running away, making a last-gasp curse, or healing himself). he has been defeated and is not being given an opportunity to perform a Final action.

 > >(don't kill me, I've got a ransom" - start a
> >new contest using your bargain/fast talk/whine vrs their "Homocidal
Mania"
> >perhaps...)
>
> This suggest you don't. So, i'm happy. The defeated guy can initiate
> an Escaping/Running away contest with the skeletons.

Fine, whatever. You play your game, I'll play mine.

As a narrator I might allow a character to plead for mercy, initiating a new contest. I would not allow him to start a contest to run away.

RR