Re: Re: Scorpion Hall

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:39:43 -0700

> "You've successfully destroyed 19 of the 20 skeletons, there's only
> one left and he looks in bad shape. You are unwounded, however, you
> are now at exactly 0 AP..."
>
> How do you finish the above sentence?

"You reel with the effort you've made, your sword feels like lead in your tired arms and your eyes swim with sweat. The skeleton winds up and takes a swing, can you get your sword up in time?..."

Depending on the result of the die rolls, either you managed to block the attack, or you didn't...

> I'm curious, because I'm certain the situation will arise (hopefully
> a less extreme example), and I'm not sure how to describe it. Since
> a skeleton is a 'mindless killing machine', I assume he would
> automatically do a coup de grace (or do you have to be below -10 for
> that?).

You have to be under -10 to qualify as the target of a CdG, so the skeleton would do a Parting Shot instead (actually, I'd let a MKM like a skeleton or berserk Storm Bully to turn you into red goo, basically allowing it to do multiple PS's, but not allowing the defeated hero to act). Mind, if your defensive roll is a Critical, you *may* be able to get your second wind (get above 0 AP) and finish it off.

This is a special circumstance that is at the discretion of the narrator, not found in the rules. That is to say, the rules for vctory & defeat, PS's CdG's and FA's are there, but this specific interpretation of MKM's isn't.

RR