Re: zombies

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:23:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Mikko Korhonen wrote:

> Anyway, problem number two followed. The player (bit frustrated..)
> bid 25 AP:s against the zombie, gained marginal victory, resulting -
> 10 or something AP:s. NB indicates that the zombies will continue to
> fight untill -40. How do they bid any AP:s after going under zero?

Funny that. I ran my first HW session a couple of days ago, and I too had the same problems with zombies. Although I didn't have the narrators book at the time, som my zombies looked something like: Close Combat 12^1, Already Dead 17 (they used this ability to defend against physical attacks), Mindless 10W, Cause Fear 17. I too wanted my zombies to fight until killed, but discovered that this caused some problems.

The next time zombies appear in my campaign I'll simulate their inability to feel pain with a huge armour rank (about ^7 I think: Already Dead^7). Reducing the zombi to zero AP means that you've imobilized it. This way zombies reduced to zero AP never have to gamble APs. They can only hurt the Heroes if the Heroes tries to damage the zombi further (The character bids).

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen