RE: Augmentation

From: Dave Bailey <dave.bailey_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:22:45 +0100

James queries>
> One of the things I'd prefer is a more 'fuzzy' way of doing augmentations.
> So rather than saying "I try for a +2" the player just rolls for it and
> gets
> a result depending on how well he rolled.
>
> I'm having trouble comming up with a mechanic for this though.
> Any ideas?
> Something like an ability test with max augmentation determined by ability
> rating.

        [Dave Bailey] At the risk of reversing the standard "rolling low is good" you could divide a successful roll by 5 (round down) and treat that as the augmentation value, teat a mastery as an automatic +4. e.g. a roll of 10 with a skill of 10w would give you +6.

        :-)

        Dave

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.