RE: Re: Augmentation

From: Dave Bailey <dave.bailey_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:48:44 +0100

Wulf,

> > [Dave Bailey] At the risk of reversing the standard "rolling
> low is
> > good" you could divide a successful roll by 5 (round down) and
> treat that as
> > the augmentation value, teat a mastery as an automatic +4. e.g. a
> roll of 10
> > with a skill of 10w would give you +6.
>
> I considered the same idea, except using the degree of success/5.
> Therefore, roll 2 on an ability of 17 makes 15 success, +6 Edge/+3
> Bonus. So you still roll low. And for masteries, just treat each as
> another 20 success. However, I did think this a bit easy, as after 20
> ability you get an automatic augment. Maybe a 20 is always a fail,
> even with masteries?

        [Dave Bailey] Seems to me the above would result in a lot more edges/bonuses which would cancel each other out anyway. If I read the situation properly then the problem is more to do with the price of failure which would be better handled by only giving out penalties for fumbles.

        Dave.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.