Re: Scorpion Hall

From: Thomas Bagwell <tnbagwell_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:46:14 -0000

I think 0AP represent more than that. Or at least, it seems like it must in order to represent the game effect it has. In my mind, being at or below 0 AP means that in addition to just being "Dazed or Hurt", you're exhausted, hurt, out of position, disoriented and one step short of being entirely at your enemy's mercy...barely able to attempt a defense or stumbling dodge. If you had a chance to recover, you might be alright, but in the heat of melee you're incapable of effective action.

You've waited too long to retreat, if you tried now you would probably get a sword through your back.

To me, 0AP is very similar to 0 hit points, except that you're not quite dead yet. Add to this that I would have skeletons always turn appropriate AP loss into hurts, as they're trying to goo you...not just defeat you.

That said, depending on the circumstances, I might allow a test (with very large penalties) to change the contest to escape...although with much reduced AP for whatever skill you're using to try and escape. Of course, I play pretty fast and loose with just about any set of rules. I think I understand and agree with where this one's coming from, though.

Tom Bagwell